Facebook Tagging option is fun but when friends start tagging you in unrelated posts (photos and video), it becomes annoying. Do you face the same problem? Here is a post to handle this issue with various features provided by Facebook.
You can simply untag yourself from any unrelated posts.
- Open the photo you are tagged in.
- Hover the cursor over your name in the tag and click on ‘Remove tag’ link. If you don’t see this option, move to next.
- Look for ‘Options’ below the image, click on it and select ‘Report/Remove’ Tag.
- Choose the reason and click ‘Continue.’
But, untagging every time also becomes a task if you have a large number of tags. So, let’s have a look on the next option.
Review Tags before Posting
Unfortunately, you cannot stop friends from tagging you on their Facebook posts, but you can completely control how these tags will appear on you timeline. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to facebook.com.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- At the top right corner look for inverted triangle; click on it and select ‘Settings’ from the drop down.
- In the ‘Settings’ page; look for ‘Timeline and tagging’ option (fourth from top) in the left side menu. Click on it.
- In the right side panel, under the first option ‘Who can add things to my Timeline?’, click ‘Edit’ in front of second option ‘Review posts that friends tag you in before they appear on your Timeline?’
- In the expanded window, select ‘Enabled’ from the drop down.
Enabling this feature will allow you to manually approve each post you are tagged in before they appear in your timeline. For this:
- Click on your Username to go to your Timeline.
- Click on the ‘Vie Activity Log’ button on the bottom right corner of your cover image.
- Now click on Timeline Review on the left hand side menu. This will list all posts that you are tagged in with an option ‘Add to timeline.’ So, can add the post you like to your timeline and hide others.
You can also control who can see your timeline posts through the ‘Timeline and tagging’ option. So, till Facebook introduces any feature to stop friends from tagging you, the best way is to set up the posts review option. If you still have any issue with tagging or any other feature, get in touch with Facebook customer support team by dialing toll free phone number.