Considering the vulnerability of emails accounts, it is best to make the most of what your email service provider as preventive measures. Like Yahoo Mail is known for offering two-step verification which works as an extra layer of security for the Yahoo Mail account users against different cyber crimes such hacking, phishing etc. Two-step verification is a feature in which whenever you will try to log in to your account from a new device, Yahoo will send a security code to your phone which you will require in order to access your account. This will prevent others from easily accessing or hacking your account.
If you are a Yahoo account user and looking to enable two-step verification in your Yahoo Mail account, the following are the steps that you need to follow.
Steps to Enable Two-Steps Verification Feature in Yahoo
- Firstly, sign in to your Yahoo account. Locate and click on your Profile name located on the top right corner of your Yahoo account page.
- Click on the Account info option under your Profile name, you will be directed to the Account info page.
- Select the Account security tab located on the left side. You might be prompted to enter your account password in order to access Account security
- Once you get access to Account security page, locate and turn on the two-step verification feature by clicking on the slide button located next to two-step verification
- You will be prompted to enter your mobile number in order to activate the two-step verification option.
- Once entered your desired number, click on the Send SMS You will receive a verification code on your mobile number.
- Enter the verification number on the screen and click on the Verify You can also verify the mobile number via calling option. For that, you will need to click on the Call me button located next to Send SMS button.
- Once verified, you will see a Success message on the window. Moreover, you will also be prompted with Create app passwords option as some apps like Outlook, iOS mail doesn’t support two-step verification. In case you use any of these apps, click on Create app passwords or else click on Skip for now Now, you are account is secured with two-step verification feature.
For any further information or to get a solution for any query related to your Yahoo Mail account, remember to get in touch with us. As a third party Yahoo Mail customer service provider, we assure to serve you with reliable and quality solution for all your Yahoo related issues.
To contact us, feel free to call Yahoo customer care service 24-hour toll-free number for technical support or send us your query via email. Also, you have a direct chat with our experts via live chat support.